Getting to know Dr. Adarsh Annapreddy
- Specialized in Total Knee Replacements (TKR), Total Hip Replacements (THR) & Partial Knee Replacements (aka Unicondylar Knee Replacements) & Robotic Joint Replacements.
- Got his MS degree from the respected Sancheti Institute of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation (Pune).
- Trained under Padma Vibhushan awardee Dr. KH Sancheti & Eminent Orthopaedic Surgeons Dr. A.V Gurava Reddy & Dr. Parag Sancheti
- One of only 5 Surgeons in Hyderabad performing Partial Knee Replacements.
- One of handful of Surgeons in India doing Robotic Joint Replacement Surgery with 4th generation Mako Robot.
- Has performed more than 1000 Total & Partial knee Replacements and Hip Replacements with excellent results.
- Well versed in all types of total Knee Replacements & is trained in using more than 12 different designed implants.
- Has done research on Unicondylar Knee Replacements & gives lectures as faculty on the same.
- Specialises in Total & Partial Hip Replacements.
- Certified Mako Robotic Joint Replacement Surgeon (Trained in USA).
- Certified trainer for Robotic Joint Replacement Surgeries.
- Awarded the Service Excellence in Robotic Hip Replacement Surgery by Times Health Excellence – Telangana 2021.
- Trains surgeons from all over the world in Robotic Joint Replacement.
Dr. Adarsh Annapareddy is an eminent orthopaedic surgeon and joint replacement specialist who practices at Sunshine Hospitals in the state of Telangana. He is also the Executive Director of the Sunshine Group of Hospitals.
He completed his MBBS from Deccan College of Medical Sciences in Hyderabad, received his post graduate training and degree in Orthopaedic Surgery (MS-Ortho) from Sancheti Institute of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation in Pune, and received Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management from Annamalai University in 2021
Dr. Adarsh is specialised in Arthroplasty – the branch of joint replacement – for both Hip and Knee joints.
He has been trained in various different methods of knee replacement and is one of very few surgeons in India who performs Partial Knee Replacement (which has many advantages) regularly with good results.
Hip Replacement is also an area in which he specialises and he has extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment – both non-surgical and surgical – of hip related issues.
Dr. Adarsh is also one of a handful of surgeons in India who is trained in Robotic Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery from Australia and the US. He is certified by the Stryker company to use the 4th Generation Mako Robot for joint replacements which is stationed at Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli, and Secunderabad. Only institute in India to have two robots. This machine assures even better accuracy than what is already being achieved.
Over a short span of time Dr. Adarsh has already performed more than 1000 successful joint replacements surgeries with good results.
Apart from his surgical expertise Dr. Adarsh is also keen on medical research and has a few papers published in well-renowned orthopaedic journals and regularly attends conferences as faculty to disseminate knowledge in his field to his peers and juniors. He is also a reviewer for various Orthopaedic journals.
He is a member of various prestigious orthopaedic bodies including the Indian Society for Knee and Hip Surgeons (ISHKS), Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA) and is a founding member of the Society for Knee surgeons of India (SKI) among others.
Dr. Adarsh is known for an empathetic approach to treating his patients and considers them to be an extension of his own family.
Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
Sancheti Institute Of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Pune
PG Diploma in Hospital Management.
Present Post Held
1. Dr. Adarsh Annapareddy is presently a Consultant at Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad, Gachibowli and Karimnagar, Bone & Joint Institute.
He heads Unit I of the Arthroplasty (Hip and Knee) Unit alongside Dr. A.V. Gurava Reddy.
2. He is also Executive Director of Sunshine Group of Hospitals (Secunderabad, Karimnagar and Gachibowli) from 2016 onwards. He is charge of administration and operations for all the branches of Sunshine Hospitals since 2016.
Papers & Research
- High Prevalence of Isolated Antero‑medial Osteoarthritis (AMOA) in Indian Patients Undergoing Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty .
By – Adarsh Annapareddy, Deepesh Daultani, Praharsha Mulpur, Vishesh Khanna, Sukesh Rao Sankineani, Krishna Kiran Eachempati, A. V. Gurava Reddy.
Published in : Indian Journal of Orthopaedics.
Published on: 24th Aug 2022
- Enhanced Mid-Resection Workflow Technique for Severe Varus Deformity Correction Using Robotic-Arm Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty
By – Adarsh Annapareddy, AV Gurava Reddy, Kushal Hippalgaonkar, Suhas Masilamai, Praharsha Mulpur, Martin W.Roche
Published in :Surgical Technology International.
Published on: 20.Jul.2022
- Knee Arthroplasty ( Gap Balancing in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty – Chapter 44 )
By – A. B. Suhas Masilamani, Adarsh Annapareddy, and A. V. Gurava Reddy
Published in :Springer
Published on: 24.Jun.2022
- The influence of referencing system on PCO and PCOR in primary total knee arthroplasty and its effect on postoperative range of motion and functional scores.
By – Ratnakar Vecham, Aditya P. Apte, Adarsh Annapareddy, Santhosh Kumar Govinde Gowda, T Chiranjeevi, Gurava Reddy.
Published in : Medknow
Published on: 23.Jun.2022
- Is Conventional Knee Radiograph Reliable Enough to Assess the Anatomical Knee Alignment and Total Knee Prosthesis Position in Indian Population?
By – Suryamanikanta Balabadra, Ratnakar Vecham, Maryada Venkateshwar Reddy, Adarsh Annapareddy, M. Mahendra Kumar , A. V. Gurava Reddy
Published in : Medknow
Published on: June 2022
- An Incognizant Glitch-pinnacle Polyliner Dissociation: A Case Report
By – Ratnakar V, Aditya P Apte, Ashok Raju Gottemukkala,
Adarsh Annapareddy, and A V Gurava Reddy
Published in : National Library of medicine
Published on: May 2022
- Two-Staged Total Knee Arthroplasty in Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis with Severe Flexion Deformity
By – Ratnakar Vecham, D-Ortho, DNB Ortho,
Adarsh Annapareddy, MS Ortho, Kushal Hippalgaonkar,
DNB Ortho, Chandra Bhushan, MS Ortho,
Sawankumar Pawar, DNB Ortho, and A.V. Gurava Reddy,
DNB Ortho, Mch Ortho (Liverpool),
FRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS (Glasgow)
Published in: THE JOURNAL OF BONE AND JOINT SURGERY
Published on: March 2022
- When can I go home after my knee replacement? Factors affecting the duration of in-hospital stay after knee replacement
By – Vishesh Khanna, A. V. Gurava
Reddy, Deepesh Daultani, Sukesh
Rao Sankineani, Jai Khanna, Adarsh
Annapareddy & Krishna Kiran
Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol
Published in: European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology
Published on: October 2015